Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Quick Hello


So Laurie got me this book last week about word of mouth marketing. I would give it a 2.5 out 5 stars, but it did get me moving into action on getting the word out. The big thing this week was to let everyone know what I'm doing and basically offered to take pictures of anyone and everyone for free just to build a portfolio. I sent an email out to everybody in my address book which was a handful of people. As expected, got lots of offers for baby pictures and couples. What I didn't expect, was how many people replied. A lot of which were people I didn't email. I received several response from people that had been forwarded my introductory email. I'll have tons of practice over the coming months.


My little self assignment tonight is to fill two of my 2 Gig cards with the boys from Savannah Jack. They are playing tonight at the Blue Bird Cafe. It doesn't start until 9:00 pm so tomorrow morning will be rough. I'll post some picks after the show.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Saw a post from you @ Flickr-Strobist. I've been shooting semi-pro for a while and I guess I'm in a similar boat. I've got quite a decent list on Facebook that I was thinking of hitting for the 'free' offer. I was going to offer a photoshoot +..... 2 or 3 digi files emailed or 2 or 3 prints... anything more paid for. Not sure how it'll work yet. Are you going completely free?

btw I didn't have the patience to blog! lol This looks like it'll be really good. Thanks for doing it.