Tuesday, February 5, 2008

New Gear!!!!!!!!


Well, nothing interesting has really happened this week. I've just been reading and practicing some shots in low light. Here's the good news. I've put in an order to upgrade some of my equipment. My wife ordered my new camera today, and I'll be receiving it on Valentines day. Did I mention that I love her! This is going to be a huge upgrade over the Canon 350D I've been using. I'll be moving on to a 40D!!!!! I.... um er, she also ordered me the grip, an additional battery, 3 two Gig CF cards, a shoot through umbrella, and a nice new Manfrotto light stand. I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it!

I've started to set up some jobs to help build my portfolio. So far we have one wedding scheduled, one bridal shoot, and my beautiful sister is expecting soon so we'll probably be doing a lifestyle shoot pretty soon. If anyone wants to donate a wedding dress let me know. I'm really wanting to do a "trash-the-dress" session.

Also, one of my goals is to build a pretty decent portfolio by June of 08. I'm going to try to land a bunch of gigs between now and then using some online resources. If it works out, I'll let you know what I've done. If it back fires...well, I'll probably let you know also.

In the mean time, I'll be reading up on "The Business of Studio Photography: How to Start and Run a Successful Photography Studio", "Guerrilla Marketing", and some other photography business book I picked up at the library.

P.S. Yolanda, thanks for checking out the blog. I've only been blogging here for a couple of weeks so keep checking back. I'll try to keep you up to date with what I'm doing. If I were you, I'd really check out Dan Miller's book.

No comments: